TUGUEGARAO CITY, Philippines- The city government of Tuguegarao is set to implement its 60-day experimental traffic scheme starting December 15, suspending the existing traffic ordinances in some of the major roads in the city.
In an interview on Friday, December 9, Tuguegarao councilor Danny Baccay said there are major changes in the traffic flow in the Poblacion area.
Baccay said the experimental traffic scheme is set to observe and study the behavior of the traffic, before finally adapting, modifying or rejecting it.
The new traffic ordinance, which should have originally implemented last month but was postponed due to the ongoing Lawin rehabilitation, will govern all types of vehicles and conveyances including single motorcycles.
Baccay said the traffic scheme changed traffic flow of major roads, with existing two-way roads becoming one-way road, and vice versa.
Penalties of up to P1,000 and confiscation of driver’s license will be implemented.
One-way traffic flow will be implemented in the following streets:
1. Along Campos Street starting Diversion Road to College Avenue
2. Along Bagay Road starting corner Andrews Street to College Avenue
3. Along Taft Street starting College Avenue to Lecaros Street
4. Along Mabini Street starting College Avenue
5. Along Burgos Street (from Gomez Street to Lecaros Street)
6. Along Bonifacio Street starting corner College Avenue to Arellano Street
7. Along Valenzuela Street starting Gonzaga Street to Arellano Street
8. Along Rizal Street starting from Arellano Street to College Avenue
9. Along Blumentritt Street starting from Arellano Street to Rizal Street
10. Along Burgos Street (from Gonzaga Street to College Avenue)
11. Along Del Rosario Street starting from Lecaros Street to College Avenue
12. Along Magallanes Street starting from Lecaros Street to Legazpi Street
13. Along Caritan Highway starting from College Avenue to corner Diversion Road
14. Along College Avenue starting from corner Rizal Street to corner Mabini Street
15. Along Washington Street starting Rizal Street to Mabini Street
16. Along Gonzaga Street starting from Macapagal Avenue to Mabini Street
17. Along Arellano Street starting from Rizal Street to Mabini Street
18. Along Legazpi Street starting Extension College Avenue to Rizal Street
19. Along Gomez Street starting Mabini Street to Macapagal Avenue
20. Along Aguinaldo Street starting Mabini Street to Rizal Street
21. Along Zamora Street starting Mabini Street to Rizal Street
22. Along Don Domingo starting Balzain Road to corner Macapagal Avenue
Two-way traffic will be implemented in the following streets:
1. Along Bonifacio Street (from Lecaros Street to Circumferential Road)
2. Along Macapagal Road (from Don Domingo to corner Gonzaga Street)
3. Along Circumferential Road (from Cataggaman Road to Avocado Street)
4. Along Luna Street (from (corner Rizal Street to Buntun)
5. Along Lecaros Street (from corner Rizal Street to Maribbay Street)
6. Along Balzain Road (from College Avenue to Junction Tanza)
7. Diversion Road (from Junction Tanza to Buntun)
The new traffic has also prohibited parking in the following areas:
1. Strictly NO PARKING along Del Rosario Street from corner Luna Street to corner College Avenue
2. NO PARKING along Gonzaga Street from corner Bonifacio Street to corner Del Rosario Street
3. NO PARKING along Burgos Street from corner Gonzaga Street to corner Legazpi Street and Gonzaga Street and from corner Gomez Street to corner Luna Street
4. NO PARKING on both sides in front of Saint Paul University (Mabini Street)
5. NO PARKING along Mabini Street from corner Arellano Street to corner Lecaros Street (USL)
6. NO PARKING along Rizal Street from Arellano Street to Aguinaldo Street (in front of East Central School)
7. NO PARKING along College Avenue
8. NO PARKING along Luna Street from corner Rizal Street to Magallanes Street
9. NO PARKING along Magallanes Street from corner Luna Street to corner Legazpi Street
10. NO PARKING along Aguinaldo Street from corner Blumentritt Street to Valenzuela Street
11. NO PARKING along Legazpi Street from corner Taft Street to corner Burgos Street
12. NO PARKING along Arellano Street from corner Burgos Street to corner Del Rosario Street
13. NO PARKING along Methodist Christian School from 12:30 P.M. to 1:30 P.M. up to Gonzaga from corner Bonifacio Street to corner Del Rosario Street
14. Along Del Rosario Street, STRICTLY NO PARKING from corner Luna Street to College Avenue
15. NO PARKING along Bonifacio Street from Gonzaga Street to Gomez Street and Balzain Road from 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M to 7:00 P.M.
16. Parking is allowed along Bonifacio Street and Balzain Road from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Parking spaces are designated in the following areas:
1. Right side parking along Mabini Street starting from corner Washington Street to corner Arellano Street.
2. Right side parking along Blumentritt Street from corner Aguinaldo Street to corner Washington Street.
3. Right side parking along Rizal Street from corner Aguinaldo Street to corner Legazpi Street.
4. Right side parking along Legazpi Street from corner Magallanes Street to corner Taft Street and from corner Burgos Street to corner Bonifacio Street.
5. Right side parking along Taft Street from corner Legazpi Street to corner Arellano Street.
6. Right side parking along Arellano Street from corner Bonifacio Street to corner Burgos Street and from corner Del Rosario Street to corner Mabini Street.
7. Right side parking only for Bonifacio Street.
8. Right side parking only along Blumentritt Street and Arellano Street from corner Bonifacio Street up to Burgos Street.
The city government have already started placing signages around the city as of Friday. –Northernforum.net