TUGUEGARAO CITY, Philippines- The supply of power in the whole Nueva Vizcaya province has been cut as early as 1 am Sunday, October 16, according to the provincial disaster agency chief on operations and administration Karl Tiam.
The eye of the typhoon was spotted in the vicinity of Alfonso Castaneda, Nueva Vizcaya around 4 am Sunday.
Tiam said some towns also implemented pre-emptive evacuations, with 9 individuals already evacuated in Bayombong town.
In its 4 am weather bulletin, Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said the provinces of Nueva Vizcaya and Quirino is still under Signal Number 4.
Southern Isabela is under Signal Number 2 while the Northern Isabela and Southern Cagayan are placed under Signal Number 1.
Karen has maximum sustained winds of 150 km/h near the center, and gustiness of up to 21o km/h.
Meanwhile, Pangasinan Governor Amado Espino III ordered forced evacuation in the province early Sunday as Typhoon Karen continues to cross over Northern Luzon.
In an advisory 1 am on Sunday, Espino asked the barangay (village) officials, town mayors and municipal disaster risk reduction management councils (MDRRMC) to implement forced evacuation in in danger-prone areas.
Karen is expected to make its landmass exit in Pangasinan Sunday noon, according to the latest forecast track of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration.
On Saturday, October 15, Espino had already asked for pre-emptive evacuations.
Espino also asked the Philippine National Police (PNP), Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), Philippine Coast Guard, Philippine Army and other disaster response teams to help in the evacuation.
The provincial disaster agency said about 90 families have already evacuated so far as of 4 am Sunday. TNF