TUGUEGARAO CITY, Philippines- Cagayan Governor Manuel Mamba said there will be no bonus to be distributed to the employees of the provincial capitol this year.
In a press release, the Cagayan information office said Mamba stood firm to his earlier decision that the savings from the provincial will not be used for bonuses but will go for the rehabilitation of damages of Typhoon Lawin.
Mamba made the statement after Vice Governor Boy Vargas is reportedly passing a resolution for an additional pay to the employees from the province’s savings.
Mamba said government officials should be “sensitive” to the needs of typhoon victims, especially those who have yet to rebuild their homes.
“Wala pa nga natatanggap from national government yung mga nasiraan at nawalan ng bahay, magbibigay ka na sa empleyado na job orders and casuals? Baka hindi tayo patatawarin ng mga Cagayanos niyan,” Mamba said.
“Tama na muna yung nagkaroon sila (job orders and casuals) ng trabaho. Big help na sa kanila yan, kinaiingitan nila sila ngayon sa Cagayan. Lalo na yung mga nakaupo lang na walang ginagawa sa Kapitolyo,” Mamba added.
Mamba said as of November 17, not even 1% of the partially validated beneficiaries were given 5,000 pesos each.
He said only P5,160,000 of the P713,330,000 validated emergency shelter assistance has been doled out so far. – Northernforum.net