(Refresh this page for updated list.)
TUGUEGARAO CITY, Philippines- Several areas have declared the suspension of classes on Friday, August 25, in preparation for the wrath of Tropical Storm Jolina.
Jolina is expected to make landfall over Isabela area on Friday evening.
These areas have declared suspension of classes:
- Cagayan – pre-schools to senior high schools
- Isabela- All levels
- Santiago City- All levels
- Nueva Vizcaya – Up to senior high school
- Quirino- Up to senior high school
- Mountain Province -Up to senior high school
- Ifugao- Up to senior high school
- Kalinga- Up to senior high school
- Mankayan, Benguet- Up to senior high school
The provinces of Isabela and Cagayan have already alerted their provincial and municipal disaster teams to monitor the wrath of the tropical storm.
In Isabela, the no-sail and liquor ban policies have been raised as precautionary measures.
Cagayan, meanwhile, already alerted the PDRRMC-Cagayan and the province’s quick response team and Task Force Lingkod (serve) Cagayan.
Cagayan information officer Rogie Sending said the provincial disaster team is closely monitoring the rise of Cagayan River’s water level because the province serves as catch basin of surrounding provinces of Cagayan Valley and Cordillera regions. Northernforum.net