TUGUEGARAO CITY, Philippines- The father of the 14-year old boy last seen with a killed drug suspect in Cagayan town last month is appealing to the public for his son’s whereabouts.
In a phone interview on Thursday, September 7, Josielor Sacobo said his missing son Julius was last seen with Vilmer Corpuz, a drug suspect who was killed in drug buy-bust operation in Gattaran town in August.
Sacobo made the claim based on the accounts of persons they have asked about his son. Julius, according to Josielor, had not went home after the said drug operation.
Police records showed Corpuz was killed by police operatives in a shootout during an anti-drug operation in Barangay Naddungan in Gattaran on August 10.
The Sacobos are from Barangay Piña Este while Corpuz was from Barangay Nabaccayan.
The older Sacobo admitted his son Julius and Corpuz have known each other because they were churchmates in a local christian group. Sacobo said the two would meet during practice.
Hours before Corpuz’s death, Julious was accompanying him in going around to ask payment of debts as Corpuz’s family owns a lending cooperative.
At 11:49 am August 10, Sacobo said Corpuz’s wife reportedly received call from his husband telling her that he and Julious will have lunch at their house in Barangay Nabaccayan.
He added that Julious, an out-of-school youth, has only joined Corpuz in going around for two weeks.
Police, however, denied that the missing boy was with Corpuz during the operation.
Appeal to ‘Bato’
Sacobo said he is “certain” that his son was with the drug suspect when the police held the drug operation and now asks the help of Philippine National Police (PNP) Police Chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa.
He said the police in Gattaran are “not cooperating” for an investigation.
“There are no signs that he’s still alive but we are still hoping he is. The police kept telling us not to worry and that he might still be alive, but they are not cooperating,” Sacobo said in Filipino.
“Even though he has no cellphone, I believe that my son has already a wisdom. He’s already 14 years old and I believe he can go home alone. He can’t be lost,” he added.
Sacobo admitted that the incident has affected their family. He said his wife could barely eat for worrying too much while he also could concentrate in his small furniture business as he keeps tracing information he receive about his son’s whereabouts.
He said he’s still not giving up and hope that the national government could help them find his son.
“I am asking President [Rodrigo Duterte] or the PNP chief not to tolerate na the police if they have hands on this. My family is asking for their help. We are not pinpointing the police but it’s clear that before the buy-bust, the two were seen together. We’re asking that if they know about this, please bring out my son,” Sacobo said.
The Northern Forum reached Police Chief Inspector Rodel Tabulug for comments but said he could not answer phone calls yet as of posting time. Northernforum.net