TUGUEGARAO CITY,Philippines- The provincial government of Cagayan said a P20 thousand cash assistance will be given to the lineman killed while helping to restore the power in Cagayan.
In a press statement, the Cagayan information office said they are now preparing for the disbursement of the assistance to family of the victim.
The statement also said Governor Manuel Mamba was “saddened” to the hear the news about the lineman’s death
Jomar Betonio, 30, was proclaimed dead on arrival, while his companion Reymund Guilaw is still recovering in a hospital after being electrocuted while repairing an electric post in Barangay Natappian, Solana, Cagayan.
Betonio and Guilaw are among the more than 80 linemen from Southern Leyte Electric Cooperative who arrived in Cagayan on Wednesday, November 16, to help in the restoration of power in the areas badly hit by super typhoon last month.
Solana town police SPO4 Roque Binayug, in his statement to Cagayan Electric Cooperative (CAGELCO), said Betonio might have touched a live wire connected to a generator in a nearby house. TNF